Hi Everyone ❤️ Is there a meeting scheduled for Toronto anytime soon? Just joined ...
ana Hi Michelle Our Meet-Up is on Friday March 4th at the Second Cup Coffee Shop on 693 Wilson Ave just East of Dufferin Street. Hope to see you there ♥ Please look for a bright sign on table with the letters PFC ♥ ♥ ♥ http://prepareforchange.coeo.cc/… to confirm attendance ... i look forward to seeing you there <3
Saturday 27 February 2016, 19:35:37
Michelle Hi! Sorry, forgot to log on agaian until today :(. Thank you for responding :).
Tuesday 5 April 2016, 04:26:40
Michelle It is now April 4th...i am a bit behind, but I am also completely new to this concept of life...is there a meet & greet where we can just meet & chat with like minded ppl, instead of.a "meeting". ? I think I may need to eas e into this philiophy...
Our next meet-up is on Friday April 15st from 7:30pm to 10:30pm is in Downtown Toronto in the St. Lawrence Market area at Woodsworth Housing Co-operative 133 Wilton Street - Penthouse Party Room 9th floor Buzzer to allow access.
Thank you Anne Maree for once again arranging the room. The following are instructions from Anne-Maree on getting to the meeting place.
Directions if you are travelling by TTC: Please make your way to the King Subway station. From there you board the King St. streetcar #504 to Jarvis St. where you get off + cross to the east side of Jarvis. St. From there just walk east to George St. where you will turn right and walk down to The Esplanade. When you reach George St. and The Esplanade you will see my building on the south side of The Esplanade. (please see accompanying pic). Alternatively, you can catch the Cherry St. Bus #172 (at King St.) which will bring you right down to The Esplanade (no walking, whatsoever!) and this bus will stop right in front of my building. It just does not run as frequently as the King St. car but I catch it all the time!
Driving Directions and Parking options: If you are driving, the four streets surrounding my building all have1-hour parking (don't pay attention to the 1 hr. limit - no one else does!) till 10 pm when the police are pretty ruthless about ticketing. Ergo, be prepared to leave meeting about 9:50 pm. There is, also, meter parking available on the other streets in the area. As well, a parking is lot located at Sherbourne St. and Front St. (2 min. away) where a flat fee of $7.00 is charged from 6pm - 6am the next day if you want to be absolutely sure (which one might want to consider since there is no charge for the room rental).
Please bring in your own snacks/drinks if you want to nibble on anything.
Here are some topics that we feel are important to talk about:
• continuation on what is the joint purpose(s) for our group (other than finding connection)? Is it activism, providing information to communities before and after 'the event', group therapy, meditation, etc.
• what skills and talents do we have for this purpose(s) and how we can combine these?
• decide on who would like to do a short presentation(s) at the following meeting on April 29 (the following meet-up night), in regards to the different groups represented at our meetings: Ubuntu, Full Circle, Prepare for Change; followed up with questions and answers
• decide who would like to facilitate/direct the conversation of our meet-up group: Someone to guide the conversation in useful directions. It would require the individual to have good listening skills, very sharp group awareness, and the ability to help people express their ideas. The facilitator would run the whiteboard, write down ideas as people come up with them, preventing people from interrupting each other, and giving the floor to quieter people who wouldn’t ordinarily find a way to contribute on their own. Or is there someone outside this group who we can bring in to direct these conversations.
• create guidelines/ground rules on how to communicate constructively during the meeting, so that everyone (who wants) gets a chance to speak comfortably, for example using a “talking stick” etc. This can help to establish comfort and make the time more useful. Will the meeting be a free for all, where anyone can suggest things at any time? Should people raise their hands? Who will write things down and document the proceedings, do we even need to do this? Is interrupting ok? Should people try to interpret and expand on each other’s ideas before yelling out another one of their own? Emphasize team play where brainstorming should be about communicating, not competing.
• location and date of next meeting
I would appreciate some feedback on items that you think are of importance during our group meetings as we all are in the group to work together where everyone can contribute
References to some of the groups whose members attend our meet-up group:
David in our group brought this forward and some of you might be interested in attending this two hour online webinar/workshop with Michael Tellinger this coming Wednesday from 1pm EDT to 3pm EDT - Creating a World of Abundance: http://portaltoascension.org/&…